I am interested in a subscription but before doing so wanted to know the extent of your program - is there a 30 day trial version.
I tried another product but the program was not detailed enough. Does your software allow you to enter your lifestyle needs item by item. e.g., housing expenses, living expenses including food, entertainment, travel , transportation expenses etc.
Then does it allow you to enter RRSP and TFSA balances and unregistered investment accounts separately for myself and my spouse and then set different returns for different investment products i.e. cash (1%), bonds (2%), Canadian equities (5%), foreign equities (7%).
Does to allow you to set annual contributions to the RRSP an TFSA and then set dates when withdrawals may or may not take place. What about personal residence and recreational property?
Here are answers to your questions:
1. You can base your income goal on a detailed post-retirement budget that includes nearly 50 different items.
2. balances are separate by type of account and include RRSP, TFSA, non-registered and locked-in, also separated for each spouse.
3. You can customize expected investment returns for the following asset classes: cash, fixed income, Canadian equity, US equity and international equity. The program suggests defaults as well. The expected return will depend on the asset mix selected for the calculations.
4. You formulate an annual savings goal and select one of several savings rules, such as maximizing the RRSP, then contributing to the TFSA. RRSP and TFSA limits are applied and carried forward.
5. Withdrawals are driven by the retirement income goals. After taking into account annual income from public and private pensions, shortfalls are funded from non-registered assets, TFSAs, locked-in assets and the RRIF.
6. You can also include the disposition of the personal residence, other property, business or other future assets in your plan.
As opposed to a free trial, we offer a 30-day money back guarantee. If you're not satisfied with the product, we will refund your credit card in full - no questions asked. Simply email us and request a refund and we will oblige within 24 hours.